ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH & SAFETY TRAINER
Hours: 8:00- 4:30 – May Vary
Summary: To provide service both within and outside the organization and by conducting Training Programs under the direction of the Training Manager. The programs would include but are not limited to OSHA regulations, EPA, DOT, USCG, DHS, TSA and local regulatory requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
• Assist in developing and coordinating training manuals working with Specialists for specific details, when necessary.
• Prepares and updates training presentations in accordance with regulatory requirements.
• Develop higher skills from within the existing workforce.
• Conduct Internal E, H & S training, fit testing, facility/shop inspections, accident and incident investigations.
• Annual review of EHS policies and procedures, Safety Task Force Asst Director
• ISNET World Compliance/ Internal MEG policies and procedure plans, employee training.
• Advanced knowledge of MS Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Excellent working knowledge of EM response programs (GNOME, MARPLOT, CAMEO and WISER)
• Superior presentation and communication skills. • Excellent project & time management capabilities.
• A creative driver who is also goal driven and detail oriented. • Exemplify consistent professionalism, good humor, ethical behavior and integrity.
• Ability to travel on a regular basis between sites both internal and external
• Ability to monitor training candidates during mock drills and demonstrations to ensure proper safety and health standards are being adhered to.
• Bachelor’s Degree, M.S. Preferred, or a considerable amount of work-related skill, knowledge, or experience with specialized certifications
• Creative ability, writing proficiency, visual graphics design ability.
• Excellent leadership skills; good public speaker at ease moderating large groups.
• Good organizer, thorough and meticulous. • Tabletop/Drill/Exercise Facilitator working with ICS/NIMS/PREP Programs. • CET/CHMM a plus
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands and fingers to feel, handle, or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The work is performed primarily in an office setting. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
• The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
Compensation: To be determined